Friday 4 November 2011

Where to keep jewellery


I love jewellery. I am addicted to jewellery. If only I could afford myself, I could buy it almost every second day :) whenever my friends go abroad, they do not have to die trying to think what to bring me form their trip – of course, jewellery!

My addiction is already 5 years-old now (how old is yours?) and I am afraid to think of the amount of earrings and rings I possess. No surprise, there is a mess in my jewellery box (-es). Therefore, a few days ago I have decided to sort all the things out. I made a small research on how to organize jewellery and I would like to share my findings with you.

Of course, the www is full of great ideas. Of the bad-ones too. How not to lose in such a mess of jewellery organizing tips, tricks and advises? To begin with, I would like you to go to Google images search and type in „jewellery organizer“ or „where to keep jewellery“, so that you would have a better understanding on what we are going to talk about. Don‘t forget to come back! :)
 
Are you back yet? Do you imagine the „enormousity“ of the jewellery organizers variety? We will have to sort these things out step by step. In this post let’s just determine the main types of jewellery organizers.
The most common is probably simple jewellery boxes, which you can find and buy in almost any local shop or shopping center.  The others, such as stands/trees/hangers/tiers, screens, (hanging) pocket keepers/organizers, cabinets can be found in specialized stores and of course, in ebays, amazons and other e-shops. And the third type – improvised jewellery organizers. These are handmade pieces-of-art which are eye-catching and practical at the same time. These are usually found when visiting neighbours, aunties or spending time on tiny internet websites which belong to diligent-hand-owners :)


I suppose I have mentioned the main categories, but if you think I have missed something, just let my now by posting below the article. I would appreciate your contribution ;) In the future posts I will discuss all of these categories in detail, I will give visual examples, and I will try to discover the advantages and disadvantages of each organizer. You are also welcome to share your experiences!

I believe in the course of time we will scan all of the jewellery-sorting possibilities and the mess will be gone from our jewellery boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment